Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
easy but filling dinner dish
- 2 lbs hot Italian sausage links
- 2 medium onions
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- cut up sausage abd brown'.
- put in large casserole.
- brown onions and peppers with sausages chopped.
- peel and chop potatoes.
- add to caserole.
- salt and pepper lightly.
- cover with pizza sauce.
- cover and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
I eliminated one jar of pizza sauce and half the potatoes, topped with mozzerrella and wrapped this is a puff pastry....baked at 400 for 22 minutes.
although DH and i really like italian sausage, we simply couldn't enjoy this dish at all the potatoes seem to ruin the dish i won't be fixing this one again