Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Comfort food at its best. Make sure you have a baugette to dip into the soup.
Make and share this Hot Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Remove and discard casings from the sausage.
- In a large Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Set sausage aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the drippings in the pan; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste to onion and garlic mixture for about 1 minute.
- Now add the the wine and let cook for 1 minute.
- Now add the rest of the liquids - beef stock and tomato's - Stir well to incorporate.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stirring well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to med.-low, and simmer, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Add tortellini and parsley, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Adjust spices to taste.
- Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.