Recipe by seattlepalm
Cheese dip with kick! This is a great spicy dip good for gatherings and parties where appetizers are a must. For added heat use picante salsa. If you do not have homemade salsa, I suggest the Pace brand. The hot sauce and pepper flakes are optional depending on how much spice you and your guests can handle.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 16 ounces medium salsa
- hot sauce (optional)
- chili pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hot Italian sausage. Drain the fat. Put browned sausage in a crock pot on low setting.
- Dice the velveeta cheese. Add to the crock pot.
- Pour in the salsa and stir well.
- Let mixture cook on low setting until cheese is thoroughly melted. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in hot sauce and pepper flakes to taste (optional).
- Keep crock pot on low setting to serve. Stir occasionally to keep dip from burning to the crock pot. Serve with tortilla chips.