Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Irish whiskey to make you warm and happy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups Irish whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 6 thick lemon slices
- 24 whole cloves
- 3 cups hot water
- Mix whiskey and sugar in pitcher to dissolve sugar.
- Divide among 6 heat-proof glasses.
- Stud each lemon slice with 4 cloves.
- Place 1 slice in each glass.
- Pour 1/2 cup hot water into each; stir to blend.
delicious! one change i like to make: i grind a couple of cloves to a very fine powder in a pestle and mortar and sprinkle them into the drink. it really brings out the taste of the cloves to compliment the sweet whiskey. (you can use an electric spice grinder if you like but the ground cloves stick to it like glue, making it a nightmare to clean. a pestle and mortar is a much easier option) then