1/1 Photo of Hot Hot Crab Curry
1 hr 15 mins
This was my mother's delicious hot crab curry recipe. To learn how to prepare this dish, I had to watch her make it because there was no recipe written down. She passed away on May 16, 2002, but her crab curry will be enjoyed for generations to come !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted curry powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 dungeness crab, cleaned (legs pulled off too)
- 1Roast onion a bit on a grill just until the outside is tender.
- 2Chop finely.
- 3Roast spices dry on a hot frying pan, no oil, for about one minute.
- 4Remove spices from a pan.
- 5In a bowl, put 1/2 cup of water and add the roasted spices to it and make a paste.
- 6Heat a Dutch oven (add 2 tbsp oil).
- 7Add roasted onion and fry till golden-brown.
- 8Add spice paste and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- 9Add tomatoes.
- 10Let spices cook for 5 minutes or so.
- 11You may need to add a quarter to a half cup of water.
- 12Don't let it dry out.
- 13Add crab (s).
- 14You may have to add some water to it but I'd suggest letting the crab cook for at least 15 min of the cooking time before you do, because it gives out it's own juices.
- 15Cover and cook for half an hour.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Hot Crab Curry
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g