Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy to make sauce for over hot vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Add milk a little at a time, stirring well after each addition to prevent lumps.
- Add more milk if sauce is too thick, continue cooking if sauce is too thin.
- Add mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour hot over vegetables.