Recipe by Miss Annie
For a dazzling side-dish, use red and yellow cherry tomatoes. This is a nice brunch dish, especially in the summer when tomatoes are plentiful.
Top Review by MonicaD
I have made a side dish similar to this then lost the recipe. It always proved very popular at a dinner or buffet as it is a change from the usual. The only difference is in the salt and olive oil.Because tomatoes are acid based I found adding either seasoned salt(no msg)or a strong grated hard cheese(ie Romano)helped the flavour.I made certain the olive oil was of good quality extra virgin,which makes a decided difference in taste.I wont lose this one again!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cherry tomato halves in a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs mixture evely over cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.