Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
A nice change to regular rolls - these use dry Italian salad dressing mix to spice things up! Would go perfectly with an Italian supper.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in biscuit mix; beat vigorously about 1/2 minute.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth, about 20 times.
- Roll dough to 12"x9" rectangle.
- Spread with softened butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle the dry salad dressing mix evenly over dough.
- Cut into 12 (3") squares.
- Roll up each square, jelly roll fashion; place seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.
- With sharp knife, make cuts in each roll about 1/2" apart and halfway through dough.
- Curve each roll slightly to separate slits.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.