Recipe by Katie In Miami
A healthier, lower-sodium, vegetarian version of the infamous taco soup. This makes a TON, so be prepared to feed a crowd or freeze it for later like I do. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by nemokitty
Loved the fact it's healthier for you and it still tastes wonderful! I cut the recipe way down since it's just the 2 of us and I have 6 servings in the freezer for when I don't want to cook. Thanks for this healthy version.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 6 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (35 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (35 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (35 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 (3 ounce) packet low-sodium taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion, garlic and jalepeno. (Remove seeds from jalepeno for less heat). Put in large pot and add all remaining ingredients. Be sure to thoroughly rinse all beans to reduce the amount of sodium. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a med-low heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy this as-is for a healthy treat, or serve with brown rice (or other grain) for a heartier meal.