Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This will keep well in the refrigerator if put into a jar and covered in oil to keep the air out. Great to serve with chickpea fritters.
- 5 g chipotle chili
- 5 g guajillo chili
- 20 g fresh jalapeno peppers, deseeded
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled and deseeded
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pour boiling water on to the dried chillies and leave to soak for 20 mins, drain and deseed.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning - beware it is very hot!