Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe Posted By Request
- 1 lb hot sausage, casings romoved
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 lb) box Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cans diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- Fry up the meats and drain off the fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
Okay, this is definitely not diet food but it is great when you want to plan a cheat treat - which is what I did. great comfort food for a family night of games. If you're not into real spicy food, I'd suggest using just a mild breakfast sausage.