Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids call these Ham Packets. Great way to use up left over holiday ham or just ham you have on hand.
- 4 round rolls
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup montery jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top (green onion bottoms if want more pep)
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons djion mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Hollow out the rolls, leaving a bread shell. Stir together the ham, cheese, green onion, tomatoe and mustard. Spoon into rolls; slightly compressing the top and bottom to press the mix into both top and bottom hollows. Wrap each roll loosely in foil and bake for 20 minute.
A thoroughly enjoyable roll (I made 2 - 1 for me and 1 for the DM). I used a smoky ham and a sharp cheddar cheese (next time I will sprinkle a little extra on top before puting the top roll half on) and I used wholemeal/wholegrain roll. The flavours with the crunch of the warm roll were really lovely. Thank you Ceezie, made for Everyday A Holiday.