Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a childhood favorite of mine growing up. My mom only made them on special occasions, but we all gobbled them down when they were served! There were never any leftovers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 1⁄8 teaspoon lawry seasoning salt
- 8 large hard rolls (kaiser or texas)
- 8 slices boiled ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese or 8 slices other white cheese
- In a small bowl, blend thoroughly together the butter, onion, horseradish, mustard, poppy seed, and seasoning salt.
- Slice rolls and spread with seasoned butter.
- Top with ham slices and cheese.
- Wrap individually in foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
These were yummy and they re-heated well in the microwave. Next time I make them I'll spread mustard on the cheese.