Recipe by Aidan'sMom
This is exactly like Hawaiian pizza, except a sandwich! From Quick Cooking magazine
Top Review by Charmie777
Good...I changed it a little. Store didn't have the bread dough, so bought baked french bread. Did 2...one as written, and one with sun-dried tomato pesto. I baked for almost 15 minutes and the cheese still wasn't melted. Maybe my loaf was too large.
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf (11 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1⁄3 lb sliced deli ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the French loaf dough seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut six slashes, about 1/2 inch deep on top of dough.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine the oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt; brush over hot bread.
- Cool on wire rack for 8 minutes.
- Split bread in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over shell; top with ham, pineapple and cheese.
- Replace bread top.
- bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with sandwich.