Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my mom who got it from a breakfast cookbook. There are a few similar recipes on Zaar but none quite the same as this one. Mom makes these occasionally for the Rotary breakfast she serves and I'm always begging for the leftovers (when there are any!) I finally got the recipe from her so I can make them myself!
- 2 (11 ounce) packages brown and serve rolls
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shaved deli ham
- 6 -8 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate rolls from each other.
- Divide ham and cheese into 24 equal portions and place in center slit of each roll. Place stuffed rolls in a 13x9 pan.
- Combine butter, mustard and Worcestershire and mix well (may take a few minutes for it to come together completely).
- Pour mixture over rolls. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if using.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until browned.
These are so addicting! My family devoured these in no time. It makes a great little appetizer while watching football or anything else! Thanks for sharing!
I did this a bit differently, but the spirit was still there.I had two slices of Rustic Italian bread that was quite chewey and leftover ham.Took the L.O. Ham,sauted onions,peppers,a couple spoonfulls of cheesespread that needed used up,a few pickle slices,salt n pepper and a spoonfull of mayo and mixed in Food Processor to make Ham spread.Buttered bread toasted in oven,ham spread,swiss cheese,broiled,topped with bread,poured mustard sauce on top and baked.DH loved it.