Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delightfully easy appetizer dip or spread, a great addition to your holiday feast.
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese spread
- 3 slices smoked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Ritz cracker
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese and ham until well blended.
- Spoon into oven proof crock or 9 inch; pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Serve warm as a spread with crackers.
This is a great dip for football, a party or any ole' time. It is an oldie but goodie. It was rereleased in a Ritz cookbook in 2009 and is just terrific. The new recipe shows 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper as another ingredient to give it a kick plus adding sliced green onions on top once cooked. Easy and fast. I served with Ritz and Triscuit triangles. Dish was scraped clean. I used 6 slices of smoked ham instead of 3 and it was just perfect. It just didn't look hammy enough at first. Serve hot. Thanks for posting thatJodigirl . Yum. Enjoy it. ChefDLH
I love this recipe. I've been making this for years. I add a bit of half & half. Next time I am going to leave it out. I also use a lot more ham than 3 slices. Don't you just love recipes like this.
This is the best dip ever!!!