Recipe by TheDancingCook
A different way to prepare a plain old ham and cheese sandwich. Great for a toddlers and kids but tasty enough for adults too. A fun recipe for a "junior cook" to make themselves or for a younger child to make with the help of an adult. Served with some tomato soup, this makes for a nice lunch/dinner. This could also be served as a brunch food. This recipe is courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens "Kids Snacks", 1985.
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can deviled ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- milk or water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the deviled ham, cheese and mustard.
- Separate biscuits; on a flat surface, pat or roll each into a 4 inch circle.
- Spread each circle with 1 Tbsp of ham mixture and roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place 2 rolled biscuits together, side by side, in each muffin cup, curving each into a U shape with the ends up.
- Using a pastry brush (or fingers), brush rolls with milk or water for a shiny, crispy crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.