Recipe by dojemi
This is impressive served in a bread bowl.
Top Review by JennyLynn99
Outstanding! I made this because I had extra gruyere cheese from another recipe. (#336795 Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Spinach Crustless Quiche) It was divine! The only changes I made were that I halved the recipe (there are just 2 of us) but used a little more than 1 cup of cheese. (Just used up the rest of what I had.) Fantastic recipe! Thanks for the post!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- breadsticks (optional) or French bread, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add creamed spinach and half-and-half; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in cheese and (if desired) the dry sherry.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with breadsticks or French bread slices, if desired.
- NOTE: Dip may be held in a small slow cooker over low heat for several hours.