I came across this salad after I did a serch on shrimp salads. I was looking for something different. Gotta try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice, listed below
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ounce bean thread noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled seeded, drained cucumber
- 8 chives
- mixed spice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1Preheat a fryer to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, season the shrimp with the spice mix.
- 3In a small skillet, stirring, dry cook the sesame seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat.
- 4Add the cellophane noodles to the fryer and fry quickly until puffed and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season lightly with salt. Set aside.
- 5In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil over high heat.
- 6Add the shrimp, ginger, and garlic, and quickly cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- 7Add the sherry and vinegar, and stir to deglaze the pan over medium heat.
- 8Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Cook until the mixture is reduced by half.
- 9Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, mangoes, green onions, and pepper flakes, and stir to warm through and wilt.
- 10Remove from the heat and add the shrimp and ginger mixture, and cilantro. Stir to warm through and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- 11Divide the lettuces among 4 plates and top with the shrimp mixture.
- 12Arrange cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- 13Garnish with fried noodles, cilantro sprigs, and chives, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Ginger Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 4255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar