Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A cozy drink with a little spice-ginger, a little kick-lemon, and a little soothing-honey! This drink is good cold too! This drink is excellent as an expectorant tea and/or a sore throat soother. Even if you aren't under the weather, this warming beverage will make you feel restored and comfy! Adapted from Growing 101 Herbs That Heal by Tammi Hartung.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried echinacea fresh edible flower (or roots)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)
- In a teapot, pour the boiling water over the echinacea and chopped ginger.
- Cover and steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and honey and stir to mix. Strain and pour into 2 mugs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I just made this with dried echinacea petals from my garden, and sucanat. My youngest daughter is feeling under the weather, so she was most appreciative. Thanks for the help Sharon!
Another WONDERFUL tea from Sharon! I made this with echinacea tea bags and Blue Agave nectar. It turns red when you add the lemon juice. I really enjoyed this ZIPPY ZINGY DELIGHT! Made for the Please Review tag game.
FYI-just saw something like this in Trader Joe's bottled and you drink it cold. I thougth I'd mention it here since I just tried it in the store yesterday (could be a new product):)