From about.com, this recipe is based on the ever-popular hot German potato salad. Look for fresh wax beans at the farmers' market or use frozen. Can also be served at room temperature. If you happen to know of which famous Hot German this recipe is referring, would you kindly Zmail me? Green beans can also be substituted for the wax beans. Fresh beans! Fresh! Fresh! You know the rules. Use tempeh bacon for a vegan version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam fresh beans in salted water until tender. Drain beans; **reserve** about 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp and set aside to drain on paper towel. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat and sauté onion until lightly browned.
- 3Add bean liquid to pan and cook until liquid has reduced to 1/4 cup. Add next 4 ingredients and the cooked wax beans.
- 4Heat through and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Wax Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 149.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g