Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I had this at a friends house recently and it was so good, I had to get the recipe from her. She served this with grilled bratwurst and it made for such a nice meal.
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices (peeled or unpeeled, whichever you prefer)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Mix potatoes and onion in crock pot; mix remaining ingredients except bacon; pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hrs or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in bacon.
I have used this recipe before. This time I used a 3 lb bag of red skinned potatoes and tripled everything else. Once for a church potluck I used a 5 lb bag if red skinned potatoes and then<br/>I multiplied the rest of the ingredients by 5. Everyone loved it and asked for my recipe. I slice the potatoes very thin and then it does not take near as long to cook about 5 hours on low.
Very good. I like to add more vinegar.
So tasty, so easy and this recipe uses standard ingredients that are almost always on-hand! What more can you ask for? I loved it! My new crockpot runs much hotter than previous ones I have owned, so it only took 3 hours on low for me (I love my new crockpot!) This was my first time trying potatoes out in a slow cooker and I am so pleased that I chose this recipe. The inner potatoes were tender and the potatoes on the outskirts of the pot were crispy brown. The dressing cooks itself! Delightful and delicious!