Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Bobby Flay and Liz Darland, Food Network. It is so good I didn't feel the need to tweak it.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb new potato, red
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- fresh chives, snipped, garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley, minced, garnish (optional)
- hard-boiled egg, garnish (optional)
- Scrub potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain. While hot, skin and cut into 1/4-inch slices. You should have about 4 cups. Set aside.
- Slice through bacon and place bacon in a skillet and fry until almost crisp. Remove bacon from pan and add onion and celery, cook until tender and transparent, remove from pan.
- Drain off all but one tablespoon of bacon fat; add flour, sugar, salt and pepper to skillet stir until slightly browned.
- Add vinegar and water and cook until mixture is slightly thickened. Add back the bacon, onion, and celery.
- Pour hot dressing over potatoes; stir gently to blend. The potatoes should look glossy.
- Garnish with hard-boiled egg slices, sprinkle minced parsley, and chives over top. Serve warm.