Recipe by Katha
Started making this for work In the early 80's.Still going with a few changes. Usually I don't get to make anything else. As all the girls beg for it for almoste every function we have.
Top Review by soohi
This recipe was what I was looking for. The portion size was right on for a family of four. The only change I made was to add a 1/2 tsp. more sugar. This was a personal to taste choice. This was also good cold the next day. I'm using this recipe from now on. Thanks for posting!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes (about 4 med)
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- 1/4 potatoes cook in water till tender.
- Fry bacon till crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain Cook& stir onions in bacon fat till tender.
- Stir in flour sugar, pepper& celery seed, cook over low heat till mixture is bubbley, remove from heat.
- Stir in water& vinegar.
- Heat to a boil& stir for 1 minuite.
- Crumble bacon into mixture.
- Add potatoes cook& stir till potatoes are coated& mixture is bubbley.