Recipe by bert
This is without a doubt, the best potato salad I have ever had. I make it mostly in the summer when I BBQ but you could make it anytime. It looks fussy but really quite easy to make and just delicious.
Top Review by T. Woolfe
DURN but that's GOOD. Made a half recipe and it scaled well. I had no Celery salt and used lightly smashed Celery seed. Please understand, 4 stars is the top of my taste meter. That elusive fifth is reserved for suprises. So,this would rate most folks 5. We shall see how well it rewarms for tomorrow. T.
- 9 medium potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in the skins and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp; remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- Cook and stir onions in bacon drippings until golden brown.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Crumble bacon.
- Slice potatoes.
- Carefully stir bacon and potatoes into the hot mixture.
- Heat through, stirring lightly to coat potato slices.