Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have been making this in our home for holiday occasions for many many years. I posted this on another site that has gone down and lost the recipe. I have finally found my original copy, so here it is again for my new friends at Zaar.
- 1 lb regular bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds or 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 10 cups boiled peeled cubed potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, slice 1/2 inch thick (knackwurst, keilbasa)
- 1⁄3 cup green sweet relish
- Boil and cube potatoes, set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup bacon grease.
- In reserved bacon fat cook onion until tender.
- Blend in the mayo, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
- Add water, and vinegar.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add cubed cooked potatoes, sliced thin polish sausage, and relish.
- Heat through and toss.
- Serve hot.