Recipe by Ms*Bindy
I absolutely adore this salad. I like it enough I will actually eat bacon! Based on the way my MIL makes German Potato salad, this is probably not vinegary enough to be authentic, but I love it just the way it is. I hope you like it too.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes, boil in salted water, then cube and put in large bowl. (You can keep skins on if you like).
- Fry bacon crisp and crumble.
- Sauté onion in the bacon grease, then remove.
- Pour out the grease, but don't wash the pan.
- In the pan, make dressing by add the oil, vinegar, a good dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Over potatoes in bowl, add in bacon, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, paprika (I like a lot of paprika!).
- Pour dressing on and toss.
- Let set all day to let flavors mingle.
- Heat in 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until hot.