1/2 Photos of Hot German Potato Salad
I absolutely adore this salad. I like it enough I will actually eat bacon! Based on the way my MIL makes German Potato salad, this is probably not vinegary enough to be authentic, but I love it just the way it is. I hope you like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes, boil in salted water, then cube and put in large bowl. (You can keep skins on if you like).
- 2Fry bacon crisp and crumble.
- 3Sauté onion in the bacon grease, then remove.
- 4Pour out the grease, but don't wash the pan.
- 5In the pan, make dressing by add the oil, vinegar, a good dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Over potatoes in bowl, add in bacon, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, paprika (I like a lot of paprika!).
- 8Pour dressing on and toss.
- 9Let set all day to let flavors mingle.
- 10Heat in 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.8
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g