1/1 Photo of Hot German Potato Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Christmas Carol's Note:
Can't go wrong with Betty! Crocker, that is. This is just so delicious that I make it quite often. It's wonderful with pork chops, wienerschnitzel (did I spell that right?), or just by itself. Flavorful with just the right amount of tanginess!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
- 2Add potatoes and return to boiling point.
- 3Reduce heat.
- 4Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- 5Cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp.
- 6Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 7Cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- 8Stir in flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
- 9Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
- 10Stir in water and vinegar.
- 11Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 12Boil and stir for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- 13Crumble bacon into hot mixture.
- 14Slice in the warm potatoes.
- 15Cook, stirring gently, to coat potatoes, until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g