German style vegetable and noodle combo. I have not tried this yet. I am posting it for a board request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 12 -14 ounces uncooked egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped celery or 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1Rinse noodles with hot water and drain well.
- 2In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- 3Drain and crumble.
- 4Remove all except 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- 5Add onion to skillet and cook until tender.
- 6Stir in sugar, flour, celery or cabbage, salt and pepper.
- 7Add water and vinegar.
- 8Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently.
- 9Add cooked noodles and parsley.
- 10Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g