Recipe by Derf
Spoon onto toast and sop up the jucies, soo delisious!! Adapted from Cooking light.
Top Review by Rita~
I wish I could have the bread to dip in the juices!!!!! But I was good. WAAAA! I basically (cut in half)followed this recipe to a T.(Is that the saying?). I did grow habanaros last year so I have alot of very spicy dried pepper flakes.Good for us. Thank you for a wonderful dish!Oh I should had bread to dip in the juices. You know my mouth is watering thinking about it!
- 8 slices diagonally cut French baguettes, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced 1 inch (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons smashed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine or 1 cup other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake at 400f degrees for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, garlic,salt, and peppers, cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and juice, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, serve with bread slices.