Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Spoon onto toast and sop up the jucies, soo delisious!! Adapted from Cooking light.
Make and share this Hot Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices diagonally cut French baguettes, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced 1 inch (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons smashed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine or 1 cup other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, bake at 400f degrees for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, garlic,salt, and peppers, cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and juice, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, serve with bread slices.
I wish I could have the bread to dip in the juices!!!!! But I was good. WAAAA! I basically (cut in half)followed this recipe to a T.(Is that the saying?). I did grow habanaros last year so I have alot of very spicy dried pepper flakes.Good for us. Thank you for a wonderful dish!Oh I should had bread to dip in the juices. You know my mouth is watering thinking about it!
I love this recipe and it works beatifully with frozen asparagus.Just defrost and use as stated. I've also skipped the bread and made it to top hot cooked linguine. Thanks for posting!
Maybe next time I will try a different wine.