Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Jeanine got this recipe from her SIL Renee - Yummy with ice cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Dry Topping Mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups hottest tap water, to make fudge
- Mix dry cake ingredients together. Flour, sugar, coco, baking powder, salt. Place in zippy bag if storing as a mix and label.
- Mix dry topping ingrediants together. Brown Sugar and coco. Place in zippy bag if storing as a mix and label.
- To Serve: In ungreased 9x9 pan stir together with a fork the dry cake mix and wet ingredients (Milk, oil, vanilla), spread mix even in pan.
- Sprinkle dry topping on top of cake mix.
- gently pour on top 1 3/4 cups hottest tap water. This will make the fudge.
- cook at 350 for 40 minute.
- Serve inverted toped with ice-cream.
Great cake mix! It is too expensive here to buy cake mixes, so I appreciate having any I can get my hands on. I am all about the do-ahead and freezer meals. One thing I did notice with your recipes was that you refer to "zippy"s - as if we all know what that is. Don't worry, I figure it out after reading several recipes that it means ziploc-type bags. Perhaps using this language might be more understandable . . . but then, I may be the only one who hadn't heard them referred to as zippy.