Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An interesting variation of the traditional hot fudge sundae. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1990)
To make the hot fudge sauce
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
To make the sundaes
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream (or chocolate chip ice cream)
- toasted sliced almonds
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan over low heat stir together first 4 ingredients (cream - marmalade) until melted and smooth.
- Stir in rum (if using),strain, pressing on solids.
- *The fudge sauce can be prepared up to 5 dsys ahead, covered and refrigerated. Rewarm over low heat, stirring constantly, before using - may need to thin with more cream before using.
- For sundaes: combine first 5 ingredients (strawberries - rum) in a bowl, stir gently and let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop ice cram into sundae dishes, top with warm sauce, then add fruits and nuts.
Heaven in a bowl. I would like to say more but this has rendered me incapable of speech...