Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a pudding on the bottom as it bakes.
Make and share this Hot Fudge Sundae Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix flour,granulted sugar,2 tbsp cocoa baking powder and salt in ungreased square pan,9x9x2.
- Mix in milk,oil and vanilla with fork until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and1/4 cup cocoa over batter.
- Pour water evenly over batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until top is dry.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and top with ice cream.
I used to make this from the Hersheys cookbook. Excellent just as directed.
I really like this recipe but my fiance thought it was lacking something. It's a good recipe for when you want a fast dessert because chances are you have all of the ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing!
This is the exact recipe that my mother made when I was a kid. It is good with any kind of ice cream, but makes an extremely fantastic combo with homemade vanilla ice cream!! The best "volcano" cake substitute there is! Thanks for posting.