Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sinfully delicious! From scratch chocolate cake is baked, then topped with hot fudge sauce and baked a little more. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and top with whipped cream and a cherry for a to die for dessert!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup hot fudge
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9" square pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter melts and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add water mixture, buttermilk, vanilla and egg.
- Beat at low speed until moistened, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, heat fudge sauce as directed on container and spread on hot cake.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes and serve warm.
- Just before serving, cut into individual pieces and top each with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.