Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you don't have much time and want to really impress somebody make this cake. It is really easy and so good.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (in the box)
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Make fudge sauce by adding all ingredients together.
- Cook and stir for 15 minutes then remove from heat and add vanilla.
- To serve cake: slice cake in equal squares in pan.
- Then put a piece of cake in bowl and slice in half, like a sandwich.
- Pull box away from ice creme and slice ice creme so that you can place it between the 2 slices of cake.
- Now pour about 1/2 cup warm fudge sauce over cake and ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
I have this recipe but I prefer the shortcut..."1 chocolate cake mix" vs. my recipe which called for 1 C flour, cocoa etc etc! This sounds exactly like mine but without brown sugar! I'm going to give this one a shot next time!