Recipe by karenj2
I got this recipe from my mom's microwave cookbook that came with their first microwave (back in the '80s). This sauce is great on ice cream (and pretty much anything you put regular hot fudge on). For best results, serve warm. To heat, microwave for 30 seconds at a time on medium to low power. I've put the sauce in a canning jar to give as gifts.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 quart microwavable bowl, stir together sugar, salt and milk until well blended.
- Microwave at high for 5 minutes until boiling hard and tripled in volume. (It will go back to normal volume when you remove it from the microwave.)
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into canning jar (or something similar).
- Store in refrigerator; should last at least a month.