Recipe by andypandy
fast easy sweet hot fudge sauce...
Top Review by CarrolJ
This was a little too strong in the chocolate flavor for us. Especially my DH who prefers a sweeter hot fudge sauce. I'm not blaming the chef...it's not her fault that this is our personal preference. It is basically a very good recipe and when I make it next time I will use 3 squares of semi-sweet chocolate instead of unsweetened and I'm sure we will love it. It is very easy to make and is nice that it cooks to the correct consistency so quickly. MADE FOR SPRING PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (3 squares)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, eagle brand
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepot place sugar and evaporated milk.Dissolved completely until smooth.
- Over medium heat add the unsweetened chocolate and start melting, add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Continue to stir on medium low heat It is thick at this point so still on medium low heat, just let it break a bubble instead of trying to come to a full boil. As been thick keep stirring off the bottom well. Turn heat off when large bubbles break through.
- Remove add butter, and vanilla.
- Beat til smooth combining well.
- Pour into a jar and seal.