Recipe by ElaineM
This is so much better than store bought and very easy to make. It can be kept in the fridge for at least a month and reheated in the microwave as needed.
Top Review by 3boys1girlmama
Ok, this tastes delicious--so delicious--but I could not get it to thicken by boiling. I boiled for a long time--more than the six minutes. Weird. It is soupy but I am hoping it will thicken in the fridge for later.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together chocolate, sugar, and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Raise heat, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and beat in butter and vanilla.