Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dip fresh fruit into this, pour over poundcake, drizzle over ice cream. This sauce is delicious.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces top quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces top quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- In a saucepan, cook cream over moderately-high heat, being careful it doesnt boil over, for 15 minutes, or until reduced to 1 ½ cups.
- Whisk in brown sugar until smooth and remove from heat.
- Add chocolates and stir until melted.
- Whisk in butter until smooth; add rum.
Ev, I am soooo sorry! I forgot to rate this! It was a tag eons ago. It is really good. I followed your directions exactly. A great topping for chocolate ice cream. I think the rum adds that extra something special. This will be my stand by dessert topping from now on. Is it freezable?
Oh Man!! One look at these incredible ingredients and I knew this would be one awesome sauce! I proved myself correct with one taste. I have plans to serve this over Bluemoon Downunder's Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding recipe #152729, over cream cheese pound cake, vanilla or chocolate homemade ice cream, and cheesecake!! I think I will be looking for just about any opportunity to serve it in the future! This is a great fudge sauce, Evelyn! Thanks so much :)