Recipe by evelyn/athens
Dip fresh fruit into this, pour over poundcake, drizzle over ice cream. This sauce is delicious.
Top Review by Malriah
Ev, I am soooo sorry! I forgot to rate this! It was a tag eons ago. It is really good. I followed your directions exactly. A great topping for chocolate ice cream. I think the rum adds that extra something special. This will be my stand by dessert topping from now on. Is it freezable?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces top quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces top quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook cream over moderately-high heat, being careful it doesnt boil over, for 15 minutes, or until reduced to 1 ½ cups.
- Whisk in brown sugar until smooth and remove from heat.
- Add chocolates and stir until melted.
- Whisk in butter until smooth; add rum.