Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I do know that I've had it a long time since it's hand written. This is a rich hot fudge sauce that will fill your chocolate cravings.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into piece
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cocoa, sugar, brown sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add heavy cream and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil one minute, still stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one month.