1/2 Photos of Hot Fudge Sauce
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2005 cookbook Get Saucy! It's thick and gooey and rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1In a medium-size, heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, heavy cream, corn syrup and sugar.
- 2Bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush sides of pan to dissolve and wash down any sugar crystals.
- 4Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat.
- 6Add chocolates and butter and let sit until melted, about 2 minutes.
- 7Return heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until glossy and smooth.
- 8If sauce appears broken, add remaining 2 tablespoons water and beat until smooth and glossy.
- 9Stir in vanilla, and ALWAYS serve it hot.
- 10Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- 11Reheat before serving ~ It will be necessary to add a LITTLE water, a few teaspoons at a time, and whisk until smooth and silky.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g