Recipe by Cindy W.
This came from one of the "Best of Southern Living" Cookbooks and is the best hot fudge sauce I've ever tried. I use this one to make my version of Don Pablo's Chocolate Volcano...and it's become a standard dessert at Christmas time with my family. I double this recipe all the time with no problems.
Top Review by Lorrie in Montreal
Made for Photo Tag.
I don't even know where to begin...
Its simple with staple items from your pantry and so yummy I wanna cry.I can't help it...my name is Lorrie and I'm a Chocoholic!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, milk, and chocolate chips in small pan. Cook over medium heat until chips melt and the mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Cool slightly before using, or refrigerate to use later. (Warms nicely in microwave using moderate setting.).