Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe comes from the Nov 2005 issue of Favorite Name Brand Recipes, 'A Passion for Chocolate,' featuring Baker's chocolate.
- 1 (8 ounce) package unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Microwave chocolate & butter in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted.
- Remove from microwave & stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add milk, whipping cream & sugar, stirring until well blended.
- Microwave 5 minutes or until mixture is thick & sugar is completely dissolved, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
- Reheat just before serving.
Absolutely divine! I made a half batch in a small saucepan on the stovetop but followed the same basic steps. Served with homemade vanilla bean icecream and sprinkles and still heaps left to try in other ways...with pancakes, over a plain sponge, in chocolate milk....
Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way better than any of the premade ones
There should be a law against anything this delicious and easy! *) Absolutely delicous!!!!!! Serving it over Ghiradelli Award Winning Brownies and homemade ice cream! I made a 1/2 recipe . . . good thing, because I'd just eaten the other half with a spoon!