Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rich delicious hot fudge sauce. Good over ice cream, angel food cake, cheesecakes, etc....Makes a great gift. Just put divide into two pint canning jars.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in saucepan. Add milk, water, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Cook 5 minutes longer. Remove hot fudge sauce from heat, cool, then stir in vanilla.
Very good recipe - I'd probably call it chocolate sauce instead of hot fudge sauce. I agree with the previous reviewer that it wasn't very thick. I served over vanilla ice-cream at a small family get-together. My cousin was CONVINCED there was peanut butter in the sauce - I think because of the rich, rich, deep chocolate flavour. This is very easy to make - just keep stirring. My sauce was really foamy when I first put it on the stove but it worked itself out fine.
I love having a recipe for hot fudge sauce that calls for ingredients I always have on hand. The flavor is great. Very rich and chocolaty. However, it wasn't as thick as I like my hot fudge sauce to be, especially when warm. Next time, I'll try adding more flour. Thanks for sharing!