We rarely use or need hot fudge this makes just a 1/2 cup of hot fudge. *For creative flavors: Before cooking add some cinnamon. After cooking blend in instant coffee, flavored liqueurs, dark rum, brand, greated orange or lemon peel. *With Vatiation for Milk Chocolate Sauce and also for Hot Chocolate.
- Combine evaporated milk, or half and half, or whipping cream with sugar, chocolate chips and salt in small sauce pan.
- Bring to boil over medium, stirring constantly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Cooled sauce can be refrigerated. To reheat, add a small amount of water, simmer gently, stirring constantly until smooth.
- *Milk Chocolate Sauce*.
- For a lighter body and flavor, double the amount of liquid.
- *Hot Chocolate*.
- For quick hot chocolate, blend 2 tablespoons of sauce with 3/4 cuphot milk.
I made this with whipping cream and it was marvelous
This is a simple and delicious fudge sauce and I appreciate the smaller quantity. I used evaporated milk, though if not for the requirements of the challenge I made this for, I would have used half and half, as I now have an open can of evaporated milk I'm not sure what to do with. I also used 72% Dark Chocolate & half the sugar, as we don't like overly sweet chocolate sauce; if I had used the semisweet I wouldn't have added any sugar. I cooked this up in the microwave quick and easy. So far I've dipped my fingers in it and served some over Ben & Jerry's vanilla bean ice cream, can't wait to try on a few other goodies! Made for ZWT 7 Antarctica ~Wish You Were Here! Challenge for the Food.commandos
So quick, so delicious and oh so easy - what more could you ask for. Served with Debbwl's Pears Helene makes it even better. Confess to making earlier and just reheating in the microwave before serving and it was perfect. Thank you Debbwl, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.