Recipe by Debbwl
We rarely use or need hot fudge this makes just a 1/2 cup of hot fudge. *For creative flavors: Before cooking add some cinnamon. After cooking blend in instant coffee, flavored liqueurs, dark rum, brand, greated orange or lemon peel. *With Vatiation for Milk Chocolate Sauce and also for Hot Chocolate.
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine evaporated milk, or half and half, or whipping cream with sugar, chocolate chips and salt in small sauce pan.
- Bring to boil over medium, stirring constantly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Cooled sauce can be refrigerated. To reheat, add a small amount of water, simmer gently, stirring constantly until smooth.
- *Milk Chocolate Sauce*.
- For a lighter body and flavor, double the amount of liquid.
- *Hot Chocolate*.
- For quick hot chocolate, blend 2 tablespoons of sauce with 3/4 cuphot milk.