Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like chocolate, this is a real treat
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid shortening
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- Sift flour, sugar substitute, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Melt ONE square of the chocolate.
- Add vinegar, milk, shortening and melted chocolate to the flour mixture.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour into well greased 8" square dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar substitute.
- Add remaining chocolate to the boiling water, heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate-water mixture over pudding batter.
- Bake 350°F.
- 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
For a diabetic dessert, this is quite tasty. Loved the chocolate flavour. It would taste good with a bit of ice cream as well. Thanks!