Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I grew up with a dessert called Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. It was a package mix. This is the closest to the original recipe I've had. Similar to other brownie cakes listed but less ingredients and microwave cooked. One of my all time favorites.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a glass bowl or 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave for 4 minutes or until bubbling.
- Combine cake ingredients in a 8 or 9 inch glass cake pan. Stir until smooth.
- Pour liquid topping mixture over cake. Microwave for 9-12 minutes until cake rises to top.
- Serve. Can top with whip cream or ice cream. Love it with vanilla. Enjoy.
The concept was good and I liked the idea but it did not come out as good as I was hoping for. I wish it would have been sweeter and the consistency more of a glazy pudding inside the cake. I might try it again making just a few changes.
Totally delicious recipe, however it made a terrible mess in the microwave! I did halve the recipe, so I might not have put it in a big enough pan (7.5 inch round with 3 inch sides), but I didn't expect it to run over as much as it did. (My mom definately wasn't happy with the mess!)
This brings back memories for me too. My mother always bought the package mix of this cake. I thought your recipe was really good and it certainly mimicks the packaged variety without all the chemicals and yet with the same ease of preparation. This is so budget friendly and the ingredients are things found in any pantry on any given day. I did lightly grease the pan but otherwise followed the recipe. My kids loved it. Thx so much for sharing this.