Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I grew up with a dessert called Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. It was a package mix. This is the closest to the original recipe I've had. Similar to other brownie cakes listed but less ingredients and microwave cooked. One of my all time favorites.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a glass bowl or 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave for 4 minutes or until bubbling.
- Combine cake ingredients in a 8 or 9 inch glass cake pan. Stir until smooth.
- Pour liquid topping mixture over cake. Microwave for 9-12 minutes until cake rises to top.
- Serve. Can top with whip cream or ice cream. Love it with vanilla. Enjoy.
This is a good and rich dessert! So quick and easy to make too. Mine took the whole 12 minutes to cook, and the cake rose up on top of a nice thick sauce. This would be great for unexpected company as it can be made quickly with ingredients always on hand - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
Made this tonight and it was great! We loved it! It was so quick and easy and can be made at the last minute. I would recommend using a 9 inch pan as it overflowed in the 8 inch. We topped it with whipped cream. Delish! I would also recommend making it with real butter as well as that is part of what makes the flavor so superb. Thanks for a great recipe!
The concept was good and I liked the idea but it did not come out as good as I was hoping for. I wish it would have been sweeter and the consistency more of a glazy pudding inside the cake. I might try it again making just a few changes.